Entertainment & Alcohol Licensing

Our licensing team takes the time to understand your entertainment, retail and alcohol business. We act for breweries, hotels, restaurants, public house landlords and off-licence owners in relation to all aspects of their alcohol and entertainment licensig requirements.

Some of our recent cases include:

  Acting for a brewery in their discussions with the local authority concerning noise transmission from a public house and facilitating the agreement of a noise management plan between all parties.


Acting for an insolvency practitioner who wished to sell a public house as a going concern


Advising and acting for a large hotel in relation to their Premises Licence application


Representing a public house landlord at a panel hearing for the review of his Premises Licence due to a serious crime allegedly taking place at the public house


Representing an off-licence owner in relation to his Premises Licence review and his application for a new Premises Licence.

We regularly receive urgent instructions to apply for Premises Licences and have excellent relationships with many local authorities so that any issues with an application can be dealt with before a formal opposition is raised.

Meet the Team

We’re passionate about providing the right solutions and driven to make a positive difference in everything we do.

"They are very professional, respond promptly, always discuss the monthly bill and have, so far, provided us with excellent advice in connection with employment issues. I have been very satisfied."

Andrew Argyle LLB, Practice Director, Potter Clarkson LLP